Total Marks - 100
- Basic Probability Axiomatic definition of probability, random variable, distribution function, probability density function, mathematical expectation; conditional probability, jointly distributed random variables, marginal and conditional distributions, conditional expectation, stochastic independence.
- Some Special Distributions : Binomial, poisson. negative binomial, hypergeometric, normal distributions with their derivation of their mean and variance; Definition and Application of chisquare, "T" and 'F' distributions.
- Statistical Inference: Maximum likelihood estimation of the mean and the variance of a normal population; confidence interval for mean, difference of means and for variance: testing hypothesis for the equality of two means (paired and unpaired observations); testing of equality of sever al means (ANOVA) and testing of variance and equality of two variance.
- Correlation and regression: Simple linear regression model point and interval estimation of parameters, Simple Partial, Multiple Correlation and testing of these correlations.
- Sampling, Simple random, stratified, systematic and cluster sampling, estimates of mean and total and their precision.
- Applications of Statistics in social, economic and political problems public health, crimes, Law, social innovations economic development, socio-political inequality.