View Single Post
Old Tuesday, February 28, 2017

aadil786 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWAimal View Post
Assalamualaikum and a good day to all fellow members.

With reference to the first post in this thread, please consider the following:

Your point is fairly valid, my dear. But I doubt if the rules of Federal Govt. regarding creation of new posts have in them anything related to provision of a syllabus for each vacant post announced.
The test of an Assistant Director requires one to be good at General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat, English Comprehension and Grammar, Analytical abilities, and Basic Arithmetic. It a general rule that one should do one's homework to the best of one's capabilities to gather as much info regarding similar tests conducted in the past to be as prepared for it as possible.

I attempted the test. The test was easy for those having a sound knowledge of Office Management Tools, Basics of IT, and subjects noted above. And I attempted all 200 questions with a few minutes to spare. My strategy was to start the test right away and I did not waste a single moment on questions that required thinking. Once all the questions that came easy to me were answered, I started on the remaining ones I left.
A large number of questions to be answered also mitigates chances of cheating on tests.

To design a valid test, one does not need to be a grammar Nazi. The designer of the tests may very well be the only individual available who was capable (in the eyes of the concerned authority) of designing the tests for the purpose. That said, I am not defending the standard of question setting that was displayed at this test. It was, indeed, horrible.

What I intend to say through this post may very well be said in plain Urdu (moderators and admins, please excuse this humble scribe for using our national language in roman):

Jo bhi h, jesa bhi h, test to dena h. Awaz buland krni bhi zaruri h, magar system mn dakhil ho ker system ko change kerna ziada asaan h banisbat bahar kharay ho ker chillanay k. Is liye, ta tak sabar aur shukar se kam lijiye k ye test bhi na hota to kia kertay. I know this might infuriate you, but it is a fact in my humble opinion.

I only have the best wishes for our promising youth.

Regards

I appreciate yours words;however, i couldn't,even after lot of considerations, make myself ready to absorb the central theme of yours message.In fact, I would like to say as ......

When there is not such a single institution in the world,which holds test without prior proper syllabus guideline ....than what's the wrong with NTS OR MOD.

And being the topper of 2015-Assistant superintendent jail test, i would also say that ......though the paper(MOD) was much facile, how ever a appropriate time was not provided at all.

Therefore, I bet that.......if the examiner was also present in the exam hall, he couldn't solve all these questions in such a short time-span.
Greenboat (Tuesday, February 28, 2017)