View Single Post
Old Friday, February 03, 2006
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Arrow A very serious issue that needs attention.

A day back, i received an email from a friend, it had the following paragraph attached to it and i quote:

"A News Paper in Denmark held a competition to draw a sketch of Prophet
Muhammad (sallallahu Alaihiwasallam) they received 100s of sketches - and the news paper published 12 sketches in their publication for weeks in which
they have shown Prophet wearing missiles and bombs and shown his sketches
in bad positions. Muslims and Muslim organizations of Denmark protested
against this but the Danish government defended the newspaper/press, naming it freedom of speech, and did not even care to hear the plea of the local Muslims leaders. The Egyclub - forwarder of this mail - suggests that we can boycott the Danish products like - Nido Milk Powder - Anchor Milk Powder and Lurpark Cheese and other products made in Denmark.... will be a mere reference to see our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu Alaihiwasallam) on 'Kauthar' fountain on day of 'qiyamah."

Firstly, as far as i've noticed, no one has taken time to point out this issue, being a senior representative of the forum, I hereby condemn this act of blasphemy by the Danish newspaper, the recent reprinting of the carricatures by the French, Italian, Spanish & German newspapers and all those involved in this act should be ashamed of themselves. Every human in this world respects some one, and making fun of the one whom billions respect most, is not freedom of speech, its utter callowness.
Dawn- Pakistan, has cared enough to mention the steps taken by some significant muslim states in order to show their anger over the issue. Today's Dawn published a report on this issue and i quote:

Quote:
"
Syria on Wednesday recalled its ambassador from Denmark over the publication of sacrilegious cartoons in a Danish newspaper that have caused uproar in the Muslim world.

The announcement came hours after a telephoned bomb threat against the Danish embassy in Damascus forced staff to evacuate the building while security personnel cordoned off streets and searched the complex. No bomb was found and staff were allowed to return to the embassy after an hour.

Saudi Arabia recalled its ambassador last week while Libya has closed its embassy in the Danish capital.

In Tunis, a meeting of Arab interior ministers called upon the Danish government to punish the newspaper concerned.

“We ask the Danish authorities to take the necessary measures to punish those responsible of this harm and to take action to avoid its repeat”,

-----------------------
A diplomatic storm has blown up over cartoons that were published in the Danish newspaper, Jyllands-Posten, in September and republished in Norway last month. French paper France Soir and German newspaper Die Welt published the images on Wednesday. Newspapers in the Netherlands, Italy and Spain also reprinted the cartoons.

Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen has said his government cannot apologise on behalf of independent media that have only exercised their right to free speech, but Jyllands-Posten has already apologised for offending Muslims.

But thousands of Palestinians protested for a second day on Tuesday saying an apology by the newspaper was not enough.

Religious and other opinion leaders in the Muslim world asked for the newspaper to be punished to avoid the publication of a similarly offensive material in future.

DEFENCE DISMISSED: Arab commentators dismissed the argument that Danish traditions of tolerance and respect for press freedom barred the government from taking action against the newspaper.

Why do they talk about democracy and freedom of expression just when the issue concerns Islam? If it concerns other religions the facts will change”, said Amr Moussa, the Arab League chief, who attended the Tunis meeting.
---- check out the Dawn website for further details.

A question arises here, what has Pakistan done so far in order to depict displeasure against this heinuous act? Anyways, so far, the several Danish companies have gotten a huge blow on their sales as Middle-Eastern consumers have quit using their products especially where by-products are locally available.

I won't say much here, I'm looking for suggestions by you people, the patriotic muslims of Pakistan, to find ways of countering or atleast condemning this heinous act. I mean, come on, they've attacked Pakistan's dignity several times, through their statements, cartoons etc., but this time they've gone over the edge. There is a limit to freedom of speech when it concerns a whole nation of over a billion people! Anyways, we won't go ahead and play their idiotic game and make carricatures of respectable personalities, our religion teaches us to respect their Prophets as well. Looking for suggestions, do I have volunteers here?

Regards,

BUSHaRRaF

Last edited by THE 1; Friday, February 03, 2006 at 02:09 AM.