View Single Post
Old Sunday, April 09, 2017

NaveedaShaikh is on a distinguished road

To be honest, I am having a little bit difficulty in assessing the topic and the demand of the essay itself. I am not sure how to take it further. I am writing down my confusions. Let us go ahead with them (if you find their solutions, do let me know).

You can add the economic side of the picture. Great nations win without fighting signifies the importance of co existence, mutual respect and collaboration in the global village. United States of America and China have greater influence in every matter rising in the international arena, and they side with the party considering their economic interests. The globalization, liberalization and privatization (LPG) of the economies in the aftermath of the dissolution of Soviet Union has shrunk the world, and the fights are for the economy. What do we call a great nation? I am having difficulty in visualizing a great nation. Every great nation is fighting to extend their primary interests in the contemporary world. For example, the Arab world is doomed due to the oil politics. America is fighting to destroy the Arab world (that is what the situation tells in Syria and Iraq). The economic interests and long term friendships during cold war has also resulted into the proxy wars in the Arab world, i.e. Russia in favour of the Assad regime and America against the Assad regime but both are fighting the same demon: ISIS. So who is the great nation here? Should we go Islamic in this scenario? View of Islam, and how Islam prescribes the formulation and ruling of a States, and how superpowers emerged (because of their booming economies).

Human Development Index of a country, GDP, the prerequisites for a developing country to become a giant economy and thereby winning without fighting might be helpful points. I think more brainstorming is needed. It takes me usually days to reach an outline for a topic of this kind. Maybe a most senior can help us in this regard.

The brainstorming is always good as this helps us reach a logical conclusion. This logical conclusion help us in other topics and answers as well. I wish you luck. I might make an outline for this too.