View Single Post
Old Saturday, October 04, 2008
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2007Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

mahmood has a spectacular aura aboutmahmood has a spectacular aura about

@ Kashif

because you had just put in the words from the thesaurus, your last post did not feel natural. the subsequent ones do look like to have been written by a good writer. there is one little thing that i wanted to mention though;avoid long sentences. long sentences usually lead to many errors. short sentences are the way to go.

also dont rote learn the words. instead of that try learning the language through reading a lot of material. newspapers are fine but to tell you the truth, most of the English newspapers use wrong English in Pakistan. if you keep reading wrong English, you will inculcate it. as a result you will write wrong english. "you write what you read". keep that in mind.

the only exception is DAWN. they write correct English. but their English is a little too insipid. what i will advise you is to read any of the foreign newspapers that are readily available on the internet. NY times, LA times, Washington post, Guardian and Observer are good newspapers. also you should read magzines. the one that i recommend is the weekly Economist London

try to read a lot of good English books. read foreign authors. not only will they improve your English language skills, they will also add to your ideas. then when the time of the exams come, you will have enough words, expressions and ideas to put them down on paper.

regards