View Single Post
Old Friday, April 28, 2017

Sammar Ellahi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmkashif View Post
As you are the senior most fell here, I got questions for you. Is this Pre-Selection based on your score in the test or your academic background/subjects/degree? If based on degree, how much a candidate with B.com degree be hopeful? Should we begin preparing for the interview without waiting for the Pre-selection list?
Dear, honestly I think I was amazed that the penal members did not ask me a single question about my qualification. But I was asked about withholding taxes, Water tax (tax of agriculture but collected by provincial tax), land revenue, local govt. taxes (land assailable to rent, Usher), professional tax (collected by provincial excise department), does income decreases with electricity bill? Which taxes you paid? 1 doctor earn less another a lot why same tax? many many other question, trade imbalance, How can we know that a filed withholding tax is true & factual? Businessmen keep 1 record for themselves and if FBR calls for record they provide fabricated record. Many many other questions. Usual time for all 13 candidates was 15 minutes. Only a chartered accountancy finalist girl and myself were interviewed for 20-25 minutes.

My CSP Sir asked me that how you got this job as many CSS & PCS qualifiers failed in this exam but I swear to Allah I got it on dint of my merit & I know entire batch is competent and capable.

Coming to your question, degree is just for the sake of qualification. What interview penal wanted was out of box knowledge. As SSP Umar Riaz (CSS topper) said when your motives are to get a job from qualification or degree. Whereas, CSS is larger than life exam.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sammar Ellahi For This Useful Post:
BrianTheGooch (Sunday, October 01, 2017), CaprioMarucci (Tuesday, May 09, 2017), hmkashif (Saturday, April 29, 2017)