View Single Post
Old Saturday, May 06, 2017
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Roll no. 13077

Thanked 1,135 Times in 364 Posts
hmkashif is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rolling Stones View Post
Does Environmental Sciences complements Geography as I already have opted Geography?Will it be easy for me to opt with no background of that subject?
If i were you, I'd go through past papers and scoring trends in both subjects to begin with. Also seek guidance from qualifiers/CSPs. Gender Studies in last couple of years have seen low scoring trends but people have passed it in flying colours too. Since you have opted out for Geography, a very high scoring and informative subjects that also compliments other compulsory subjects, Environmental Sciences shouldn't be a problem which is spread over common topics such as Climate Change & Global initiatives, Environmental Pollution, Sustainable Development Issues, etc. Furthermore, Environmental Sciences has a share in EDS & General Ability. I've had tremendous experience with Geography in both CSS and PMS scoring 70+ every time. Geography is a confidence booster, i must say. Your remaining optional combinations comprised of International Relations, Criminology, and History of USA is great. In a nut shell, what really matters is how you attempt it. Choosing optional subjects is very important for your score in these subjects, more or less, determines your final merit. One bad call can lead you to disaster. Research before you give it a shot. Once you have chose a combination, leave no stone unturned in preparing yourself the best for the D-day.
BrianTheGooch (Sunday, October 01, 2017), kaka88 (Sunday, May 07, 2017), The Rolling Stones (Saturday, May 06, 2017)