View Single Post
Old Saturday, May 27, 2017

Anum Zara is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheersinn View Post
In start contrast to what almost all aspirants do, I'm thinking to study this time from e-books. I have found a good quality material on internet most of which was shared here by people.

But anyway, is there anyone here who relied on E-books or online sources for study? Any tips for effective use of E-books or online websites will be valuable for me..
It depends upon each candidate. Some people can only study from hard copies while some are highly comfortable with soft copies. It is different for everyone.
I had relied on e-books and sources for few subjects of mine in CE-2017. So, let me share my experience.
You are right there is a lot of quality material available all over the internet. If your comfortable level with E-books is high you can go for it but according to my experience one should not totally rely on E-books. There are certain subjects in which examiner demands that we answer in Pakistan's context. A lot of data is available online but not much quality data is available for Pakistan for example in subject of Public Administration no relevant data was available online. Data available online is mostly about Western countries especially USA.
As I have said earlier that one should not rely on E-books alone, so it is the best approach to use both. Save as many recommended sources (suggested by FPSC and CSP's as you can) whether books or websites. Buy at least one core book for each subject in hard copy. That book should have almost all the syllabus covered. Get the best one if you could whether from Pakistani author or from foreigner. Rest choose which sources you are going to choose online and of course css forum is most helpful in this regard rest you can read dawn news papers, various articles etc online. Search relevant threads of all your subjects for book recommendation and other sources and you can download many helpful books, notes etc from there.

In case, you do not have any subject which is needed to be answered in Pakistan's context and your comfortable level with studying online is very high than go for it but keep one thing in mind it will waste a lot of your time as mostly the data present on cssforum is according to previous syllabus. Also it will take you a lot of time to search relevant data for each topic. Single book of foreign authors is not enough in my opinion as I have not seen a single book of foreign author which covers syllabus of entire subject and only books written by foreign authors are in e-book format.
By keeping hard copy of at least one local book you will have at least entire syllabus in compiled form. You can also get academy notes instead of books in hard form.

So, my advise is to use both sources if you can. Also, make short notes of all subjects which will come handy in exams.