View Single Post
Old Monday, May 29, 2017

SheikhAftab is on a distinguished road

It all depends upon your comfort level. It is purely a personal choice. However, I have found the following facts & things very helpful.
I- It is tough to find a single recommended book which contains all the syllabus. Take the instance of General Science and Ability, all the topics included in the syllabus are fundamentally different from each other. For example, the subject of physical science and the subject of biological science. So, naturally, you have to consult at least two different books for these topics. Moreover, the paper of General Science & Ability consists of many fundamentally different topics. What do we do then? Do we need to consult a different book for each topic? That's what take me to my second point.
II- It is very laborious to follow more than one book on a single subject for the purpose of an exam. Why? Because we have years of practice of following a single book for a single subject. Our brains are wired to follow a single book, and that is the reason we buy substandard guides compiled by Pakistani publishers. What is the solution then? That takes me to my third point.
III- Do not buy cheap material available in the market rather compile your authentic course packs. For that,
a) You need to download all the available recommended books in pdf and then study the contents and reviews from Amazon.
b) You mark all those chapters in every book which are relevant to your syllabus. This process is very similar to making an outline for an essay.
c) Download pdf splitter and split the chapters according to the syllabus.
d) Download pdf merger and merge all the chapters.
Congratulations! You have compiled your own book.

Lastly, If you want to study from your PC then install Xodo, it is far better than Adobe reader. If you want to get this book printed, go to a well-known photocopier of your native city and get a print out of your book. For example, in Lahore, Canotech provides this service, and it is not much expensive.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheikhAftab For This Useful Post:
mrarsalankhan (Monday, May 29, 2017), Muhammad Ali Chaudhry (Monday, May 29, 2017), shaheersinn (Monday, May 29, 2017)