View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Andrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really niceAndrew Dufresne is just really nice
Default To Mr Leonidas

Why I posted in the first place?
I was surprised to find no post on this issue.
Though it seemed unlikely but I thought maybe I am the only one with this problem. Because if others were facing this, they would have already posted about it.

Apology
Quote:
BECAUSE we want every thing for FREE and we won’t hesitate to make a big hole in the plate after we are done eating.
Quote:
I must say it is so discouraging when I see posts like these or when I see ppl have the nerves to slap you in the face instead of appreciating the efforts to keep this FREE resource alive.
Quote:
we are no longer in a position to bare those expenses from our own pockets especially after having received such encouraging messages from members.
Well, I don't know how you find all above meanings in my post. I read my post several times but failed to extract above meanings.
I wasn't sarcastic or critical. I wasn't offensive, anyway before you lose your temper again, I apologize if my post has offended you.

A word of Advice
I joined on 10th September 2008. You expect a junior member to realize all problems you are facing? I am a junior member not a moderator who will know every issue related to the site. Well, don't you think writing a thread on this issue is better so that new comers like me won't be surprised if site is off-line for 60 hours?

Donations
Quote:
Did anyone bother to spare a buck to donate when the donation button was placed on this site for more than 2 months?
Can't say about others, but when I joined there wasn't any link for donations.

Mr Leonidas I myself is a computer science student and a member of Free Software Movement (FSF).
What I have observed while working for FSF that they get a plenty of volunteers and a good amount in donations.
Even if you are working on free softwares /open source softwares like GNU/Linux, you get donations.
At least that is my experience. ( I am afraid that you will again think that I am mocking you. NO, I am not.)

I don't know what you people have experienced regarding donations but removing donation button was a ....
Kindly put that button back. Now please don't take my advice as an insult. You people are senior, you know better.

Mr Leonidas, I am not ridiculing you or your sincere efforts.
But still, if you find my new post delivering any worng message, then I apologize before hand.