View Single Post
Old Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Anum Zara is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumX View Post
@Anum Zara: What do you think, in your opinion, is the best medium to attempt Islamic Studies paper, Urdu or English?
I think Urdu. In my previous attempt I prepared in English but when paper came into my hands I started writing in Urdu. I had no practice of writing Urdu since 2013 but still after gap of 4 years with out any preparation and writing practice I started writing in Urdu. I had prepared well in English but when I saw the question paper my mind almost went blank. At that time writing in Urdu was better choice. I felt I can write the questions better in Urdu instead of English. I think one can write better in Urdu and can decorate answers with Arabic Verses, Ahadith's and famous quotes etc. It looks nice and in my opinion it hits mind of reader as reading verses in Arabic feels different and reading their English translation is very different. In my graduation my teacher advised me to attempt in Urdu and I did not listen to him and ended up with low score in Islamic Studies. My teacher told me subjects like Islamic Studies should be attempted in Urdu and this way student has better chance of getting high scores. I felt it on my exam day and I have attempted my paper just by the knowledge I had previously.
It was my personal experience and others might disagree with me but I am going to attempt in Urdu in my next attempt.
quantumX (Tuesday, June 06, 2017)