View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Aime is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Senior CSPs Please Help me out I'm worried :(

Dear Seniors,

I am 28 years and a few months old at present. I have been working in the development sector for the past 3 years. Recently I have decided to sit for CSS and therefore decided on quitting my job. Even tho my job position is really good in a reputable firm with a good salary package, I want to sit CSS and try my luck.

I am taking a risk here. I have only attempt to avail which is ce 2018 and afterwards I'll be ineligible. This will be my first and last attempt. Time is short therefore I have decided to join NOA academy in Isl. My chosen subjects are IR, IL, US HIS, ENVIRON SCIENCE & PUSHTO. I will be taking a start from a scratch and I'm giving in all to make it a success in sha Allah.

Point is, I have heard several different views of aspirants/seniors regarding subject selection and academy joining and all however lastly I chose to filter these subjects and join academy. I have often heard many of you saying 'smart study'. A recent qualifier who got in FSP told me to do smart study and not go about covering everything as it will leave me doomed in the end. I dont have much time left now rather need to put things to practical asap. I'm starting study in July.

Please guide me to the best of your knowledge which should be my starting point?

I have only 7 months. How to get the most out of it?

What is smart study? Please elaborate in detail on this ?

What is the best strategy to cover syllabus in shorter period of time?

I dont have any books in hand as yet as I need to know best recommended books for the above selected. Help?

Notes, as I dont have much time to prepare my own notes and mostly heard many saying its the only thing to get you ahead of others, should I be doing this or not or any source for ready-made good recommended material?

I am a mediocre student with average IQ. I need to go about the best way possible to compile everything in less than 7 months but Im finding it a challenge plus its my only last attempt considering the fact that i'll be even quitting my job (I wish I could do it along with my job but my job is extremely demanding and tough I hardly get time for my self)

P.S I am looking out for Gov jobs and hoping to secure one till end of dec which will give a leverage and my age bracket would increase until 32, allowing me for another attempt at 31 post two years continual service completion.

Any sincere advice/suggestions/recommendations would be highly appreciated !

Thank you.