View Single Post
Old Thursday, June 29, 2017

Aime is on a distinguished road

SO THANKFUL TO YOU !!

Anum, One more question. Please guide me alittle about writing practice. All csps/seniors suggest to practice writing alot. I am apparently known to have satisfactory writing skills (at job) and honestly not that kind of a student who learns by writing as mostly i've have seen students doing that. I cannot learn by writing stuff and extensive writing during preparation is definitely not my kind of thing as I know my aptitude level. I know when I learn/memorize, I write well too. So can you elaborate alittle on this as well?

What is writing required for, in CSS Preparation?

What does most of these CSPs/Seniors refer to when they talk about 'write and write'?

Essay, I understand, its required. What about the rest of the subjects ?

Notes making, from your views I'm clear now but that's not really writing if you know what I mean.

Other than this, is there anything you would like to suggest/recommend regarding the mistakes in preparation which students often commit. Anything recommendation/suggestion will be acknowledged.

Thanking you as always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anum Zara View Post
JazahkAllah
for your wishes

1- This query is replied in another thread.

2- Yes Govt. jobs are better. I think you have made up your mind about CSS. So, only focus on that now. Forget about anything else at the moment.

3- I think academy can help you better for C.A, P.A, IL, IR and US. history. You should join academy then and take help. For English private coaching is better if you can get otherwise academy can help you. Focus on learning essay, precis etc. Yes I think academy can speed up process for you. Only take classes which are beneficial and quit rest of them. For attempting papers I can guide you but first get help from academy as they are professional.

4-That means that you do not have to write a complete question by gathering material from all the sources. While preparing a question just note down its outlines like usually in questions we have intro, definition, headings, conclusion etc. So, only write titles as in exams it is impossible to read entire question and one can only revise headings.

a) No need of cramming you can totally reproduce after making concepts and gathering facts and figures. Only certain things are needed to be memorized like definitions and their references, facts, figures, maps etc. Rest in general subjects one can totally reproduce material in exam in her own words. It is even more credible.

b) Yes outline means all the headings. You can write definition or 2,3 points under introduction heading in these notes. Then write all headings you have prepared. At the end conclusion. You can add 2,3 main summarized bullet points under that too. Mostly in outlines you write headings in a way which can give you a hint about material which you are suppose to write under it. In exams just revise these outlines. I do not think there is time to write full questions. Give comprehensive reading in months and prepare outlines in this duration. Consult past papers. After that 1,2 revisions. Outlines are for exams and may help you in revision.
c) Time is short so a big no for comprehensive notes

5- 1 essay, precis, comprehension and translation paragraph per week not on daily basis. Yes lists are needed to be memorized. First get grip on grammar so that you can move forward but start lists right now.

6- Yes books suggested by me are more than enough. Only consult them and do not waste your time and money on other books. Also if you buy too many you will get confused.

7- No doubt forum is very helpful and have tons of knowledge. You can go through daily threads and it hardly takes 5-10 minutes. Only pay attention to ones which are useful for exams for example articles etc I am also going to quit using the forum actively in 1 week. I will remain a silent observer for some stuff. You should also quit reading it all day. Just view the posts once a daily. Read only relevant ones. Do not go searching for more and more posts. I have already told you about all the books except Pushto. Consult someone for that. Focus on self study as you do not have much time left. Try to make best out of it. I have provided you with enough information which was gathered by forum and also my experience. Rest you can get guidance from me on email. Academy will also help you. So, start studying. Otherwise distractions are too many.