View Single Post
Old Friday, June 30, 2017

Anum Zara is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aime View Post
Dear Concerned,

I firstly wish you best of luck and let me break it to you, you are extremely lucky to have developed this idea of opting CSS at an age where you still have 03 attempts at your disposal. Trust me I personally feel its late for me (07 months only towards only attempt) when I realized what I want to do. Im trying anything and everything to make this work, while look out for gov job so I can extend my age bracket, rest Allah is there, may he help me ameen.

For the tution, Yes why not but just that Im a permanent resident of Peshawar and I'm still trying to figure out my accommodation in ISL for attending the academy or take tutions. As soon as I have some surety, i will would like to inform you. Thanks alot.
Aimi if you are going to leave your home town for tuition then you can join academies in Lahore too specially KIPS. It is best academy in Lahore in my opinion. They also provide accommodation. Their other campuses are not good at all. NOA in Islamabad is also a good academy. Well I am going to join KIPS Lahore and if required I have attention to get private coaching for English in Lahore. There are 2,3 highly recommended and qualified teachers for English in Lahore. I am also leaving my home town for preparation. You can join me if you want. I am going to join session after 15th July. You can join any session according to your ease. They start sessions every month.

As far as your question regarding practice is concerned, I have given you best advice by keeping in mind the time constraint you are facing. You roughly have 15 days for each 100 marks subjects. Forget about 1.5 months and consider you have exam on 1st January. Leave them for revision it is very important. Everyone has her own way of preparing. As you have mentioned some people have habit of writing stuff to memorize it and mostly crammers do it and since you do not follow that practice so absolutely no need to do that now. Just make outlines. You do not have time to write everything and make notes. I could have recommended making notes to a person who has more than a year to prepare. Also you have told me that your writing speed is fine so there is no need to write everything to improve speed.
By writing practice as referred by many seniors means to practice writing questions of each subject. You can not write full syllabus and you need to practice answering kind of questions being asked in the exams. So, you can practice answering past papers of last two years at least. Also academies take test and your work will get evaluated in the academies as well. For scoring well, one should develop answering techniques. Almost everyone has same crammed or understood knowledge but as a CSS aspirant you must practice few questions and get them evaluated as it is important to learn answering techniques. Academies and any senior CSP can help with that. Remember I have asked you to spare 1.5 months. 1 month for 2 revisions and 15 days as shock cushion. Actually that 15 days are for things you were unable to complete in 6 months. Try to solve past papers in given time otherwise that 15 days are enough for practicing past papers of 10 subjects as English subjects are not required to prepare this way. If you do not practice writing them then I am afraid you might not be able to answer well despite of tons of knowledge you will be having at that moment. You cannot possibly practice writing everything and practicing past papers and practice in academies should be enough in given circumstances. Also I want to mention about C.A. You are going to buy a book for that but recent topics are not covered in any book. For that purpose daily dawn and JWT magazine are recommended. From that you can add new information on previous topics on book. For new issues which are not in books, you can have two approaches. You can prepare notes as bullet points or you can highlight important points on news papers and journals. then you can cut them and assemble in folder for revision. For essay and precis and composition paper I have already suggested you to practice on weekly basis at least. If you can do it twice a week it is even better. If you are going to attempt US history practice maps in it at least the most important ones. That is all you need to know.
For writing tips please send me an email. I will reply as soon as possible.