View Single Post
Old Monday, July 03, 2017

Anum Zara is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Hello Everyone!
A new CSS Aspirant, My name is Muhammad Jawad and i am planning on attempting CSS 2019 Exam. I have completed my graduation (BA) with Pol. Science, Psychology as elective subjects. Now i am looking for a decent advice from seniors and CSP officers with realistic approach regarding the decision to attempt for CSS.
Whether i should do it after masters or should i go for it now. As i have one and half a year to prepare for the exam.
Expecting a detailed answer.

Best!
Hi
You have only 3 chances to appear between the age of 21-30. One should not waste his attempt and only appear if they are well prepared. If you have no issue of age or chances then this is needed to be decided on the basis of syllabus of subjects and duration taken by candidates to prepare for CSS. Duration of preparation varies from candidate to candidate. Usually students take 6 months to 3 years for preparation of CSS. What I have observed from my experience is that most of the syllabus of subjects is for individuals who have cleared at least Masters. If someone has M.Phil degree that is an edge. So, you should complete your Masters first in case you are planning to take your core subjects as your optional subjects. Usually in Pakistan, until graduation (14 years education) cramming system is being followed with a little to zero skills of critical writing and reproducing material in exams. Also at this level students do not have good English skills and also most of the students do not have habit of reading news papers or current affairs magazines. Average graduated student starts from most basic level. They need to start with basic English and develop other skills which is basically a new start from scratch. Such students take more time to prepare. However, exceptions exists in shape of genius students as well as students who had excellent schooling which had really polished their skills at early level. If you can finish your masters first then do it as CSS is not a course and success is not guaranteed here. You can not pay full attention to CSS while studying masters subjects but you can work on your English skills and current affairs according to demand of CSS. Also you can prepare some subjects gradually like Islamic studies, General Science and Ability etc by reading and solving material. Your knowledge of PS and Psychology will also be enhanced after masters.
During masters, if you can prepare CA,GK and English it will reduce your time of preparation later and you can appear in exam after preparing other subjects in a short time span. Your graduation subjects are general and you can also choose other general subjects which can be prepared easily in 6-10 months after masters.
I have personal experience regarding it. I have not appeared in CSS exams in 2015 and 2016 because I was doing my masters. After masters I have 3 years and 3 chances so, I am preparing for CSS now. CSS 17 was my first attempt. During exam, I have felt that if I have appeared after graduation I could have never solved my papers the way I was able to solve now.
It is not a law that only people with master degree can clear CSS but in my opinion after masters one have more knowledge and skills specially if someone do masters in semester system as cramming is discouraged and creative work is appreciated in semester system.
If you want to do CSS now then you will have to quit masters till examination as dedicated study is required specially when being a beginner you are required to start from scratch.
I hope query was answered according to you expectation.
Cypher (Monday, July 03, 2017)