View Single Post
Old Friday, July 07, 2017
45th CTP (FSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2016 - Merit 39

hazelnut is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subhan Ahmad View Post
@hazelnut, Kindly answer another question of mine, at what phase of your preparation your started to cram quotations? For example, I am preparing US history right now, I do try to cram quotations during preparation, but they have a very short lifespan in my memory when I move on to next topics. :/ Should I keep this practice or first complete the syllabus and then focus on parts that require cramming?

I hope I have been clear in m query
I did not cram many quotations to be honest... Choose few really important ones and stick them on your room's wall. Also if you can't remember exactly words don't put inverted commas...that implies that the quotation is not exact but do write it in bold letters or different color.
Also try to grasp concept and limit cramming to very small part as the syllabus is so much that you can't revise it like that lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdon View Post
@hazelnut
I have gone through all the posts of this thread. Loved that you did not use any difficult English word uselessly. That is the greatest happiness I feel now a days when I see people who use simple yet flawless language ( just assuming that you must not used tough words uselessly in Essay in your CSS attempt ) pass CSS English essay. That means examiners' are interested to see better paragraphing, cohesion, sentence structure, grammatical mistakes, eye catching outline and comprehension of topic and not only usage of difficult words ( some try to adjust tough words deliberately to make an impression ).
Did you take all classes in NOA CSS Academdy, how long a batch lasts ( I mean in 3 months they cover all syllabus or not ) ?
Next batch is going to start from July 12, I am thinking to get admission so that with discipline I wind up the course. So far, I have almost completed History of USA and some of the topics of IR-1.

I have these optional subjects:
International Relations
International Law
History of USA
Sociology
Environmental Sciences

Awaiting your reply.
Thanks!
Yes focus on correct English...you must have your unique writing style.dont corrupt it with inserting vocabulary.
And batch usually extends for 4,5 months and yes u took all classes as much as they could provide us. I don't think they will complete in 4 months strictly.