View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 11, 2017
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Roll no. 16014

Zarrar Khan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasir khan wazir View Post
I had attempted the same essay. Seniors please check my outline.
Thesis statement: Yes,indeed modernity is an unending process. Human being has been struggling through different ages of civilisation to achieve modernisation. Human beings are working hard enough to fulfil their desire needs and the process will remain constant.
2) Supporting Arguments
2.1) Man is not only bones but a brain.
2.2)UN is the direct offshoot of modernity.
2.3)Globalisation.
2.4)Innovations in the life style.
2.5)Achievements in the fields of science and technology.
2.6)Concept of the modern sovereign states.
2.7)Cruel rituals of different cultures are discouraged.
2.8)Modernisation has put an end to the concept of crusading and invading the weak and poor states.
2.9)Innovations in the field of medicines.
2.10)Modern transport system.
2.11)Women are given their due rights in most of the regions.
2.12)Modern communication system I.e., Social media, cellular networks etc.,
3)Effects
3.1) Social effects
3.2)Political effects
3.3)Economic effects
3.4)Religious effects.... examples given in this regard but I don't remember those...
4)Conclusion:
Note: I appeared for the first time and literally essay paper was tough as compared to the previous years... It was a demanding paper and I had done up to my abilities... anyone among seniors who had attempted this topic must share his/her experience(outline)....
Referring to your essay outline, I would like to share my thoughts about it.
Sorry to say, your essay seems to portray the technological evolution and progress of the human race. That's not what has been asked in the question. Modernity is a world view and it should have been dealt on ideological and ontological grounds. Per question, one needs to identify Modernity as an idea/ideology and its status in the contemporary world. Has it become "an unending project" ? or is there any possibility of its being evaporated/defeated/deconstructed by any other idea/world-view (existing or new) ? It was a philosophical and theoretical proposition asked in the question. In my opinion, you, unfortunately, could not grasp the core/scope of the question. I hope you would consider my criticism in a positive and constructive manner. Thanks

I did attempt the same essay. I briefly remember my outline:

Introduction: Modernity could be an ending project due to natural order of history and its dialectical process

Thesis statement of Modernity: Man is an autonomous rational being.

Brief history and origin of Modernity: Reformation, renaissance, Enlightenment, Romanticism Movements

Display of Modernity as an unending Project:
Concept of Modern State & Hegemonic globalization of Modernity.
Capitalism and economic exploitation of the globe.
Thesis of "The End of History and the Last Man" by Francis Fukuyama

Deconstruction of Modernity: (Referring to the fact that Modernity could be an ending project)
Marxism and its historical materialism.
Deconstruction of Modern Thought and its hegemony..."Specters of Marx" by Jacques Derrida.
Anti-Modernity and anti-Capitalism school of thought...Jean-Paul Sartre, Antonio Gramsci, etc.
Brexit dialect.
USA Elections and its implications.

Conclusion: Modernity is a worldview/ideology. A stronger and popular worldview/idea (new or old) could bring down Modernity. 21st Century events apparently depict the process of ending of the Modernity project. etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zarrar Khan For This Useful Post:
étoile brillante (Tuesday, July 11, 2017)