View Single Post
Old Saturday, July 22, 2017
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Roll no. 16014

Zarrar Khan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotsky59 View Post
I am astonished to see that any aspirant has referred to Gramsci and Jacques Derrida.
I think that project of modernity practically started with French Revolution.French revolution was theoritically inspired by humanist and rationalist project of enlightenment. Abolition of feudalism, end of monarchy,freedom of speech, democracy, secularism, abolition of slavery, women rights, constitutionalism & modern legislation, rights and duties of citizen,concept of modern nation state, division of power and many other projects are modernist projects initiated through French revolution. One of the revolutionary leader of French Revolution once remarked that we have accomplished a task of 600 years in 6 months. At the critical junctures of history it seemed that the project of modernism has come to its end like after Napoleon's defeat and Congress of Vienna, when old monarchy stormed back and almost all modernist achievements came to an end. After revolutions of 1831 and 1848 project of modernist returned back and struggle for democratic rights emerged with very powerful voice.First &Second world war were a great set back to humanist project of modernism but after the wounds of these two wars world Europe learned to live peacefully and this project of modernist spread all over the world. Now almost all main thinker of the world believe that future lies in democracy and modernity.Now there seems no chance that old monarchy, feudalism, dictatorship etc will ever overcome over modernist project. I will right a complete essay in detail on this topic in few days.
I would love to read your essay on this topic.
Modernity is identified with its fundamental/thesis statement, i.e., "Man is an autonomous rational being". Modernity is a worldview/ideology. It started with the Reformation Movement of Martin Luther (1483–1546). It was followed by Renaissance, Enlightenment, Romanticism Movements. Whatever you mentioned in your comment is the dialectical process of its actualization in the history. It's still there and is the most hegemonic and dominant ideology. Let's see what your view-point is about it !