View Single Post
Old Saturday, October 07, 2017

Raja Gujral is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilal Hassan View Post
I am still in BS-17 and I don't claim 8 years of service on my credit, but Alhamdulillah I have 17 kanal fully furnished house, 4 vehicles with POL including Prado TX, Vigo and Land Cruiser! I don't mention other things but I just mentioned the things that the person in question mentioned. I don't know where he works but myself and my batch mates are extremely satisfied with everything we have.

I'm a PAS officer dear, and if I am given a chance 1000 times I would always choose PAS. Sitting outside you cannot judge the perks etc of any service.

Furthermore, choosing the civil service as a career is entirely your own choice, no one is compelling you to join it. Who cannot join it must not discourage others.
This is the biggest problem in our society. We always look for a king's life but on public expense. If such a big house and pool of vehicles is desire of 17 scale officer then one could well imagine about the top ranks in all types of bureaucracy.

We forget that all the big houses were alloted by Britains to keep hold on any area or people by showing immense power of their army and administration i.e civil service. After 70 years we are still impressed by the things against which an independent nation must have protested strongly.
In UK even a British PM can't think of living in such a big house. But we are still unable to control the Civil service and talk about the PM house and Governor houses for political scoring.

Moreover, Mr. Bilal is serving in such area where one needs ample resources for his mobility. It is not the case that every AC gets 4 vehicles at any station. I wonder person like Bilal has been influenced by the materialism to such greater extent.

In short, I would say that we are still having the mentality of slaves because there is no justice and parity. Therefore everyone wants to be powerful either through government service or by affiliating himself to any political , religious group or any criminal gang.