View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Norymberskie is on a distinguished road

@akkk I don't intend to discourage you but your English is not up to the level of CSS exam. That is the only reason for your failure.

FPSC isn't a perfect institution(I don't even believe they are free of corruption, there is hardly any institute in Pakistan that functions properly). We can't expect them to be fair just like many other things in this country.

I have been on the forum for a few years now and its so common to see people talk of trends and luck factor. When someone gets good marks everyone starts asking which books they used and what their strategy was. This is useful to an extent but I feel many overdo it.

Also, forming opinions like 'examiner wanted a specific point of view' is rubbish. Or too many people opted for it so they decided to slaughter them. I agree that there is a lack of uniformity in awarding of marks(compare this to OLevels where examiners point out what was expected for each and every mark in the exam). But there is no reason why a subject should be targeted by FPSC. So what if people get more marks? They have to interview more people? That is hardly an issue for them.

Also worth noting is that the examiners themselves in their comments repeatedly point out the flaws in Pakistan's education system. You are expected to produce a quality in CSS that you are not trained for. Many fail in that because they never knew the right approach.

Another request that I have to my fellow aspirants is not to read too much into other people's marks. I know IR1 produced unbelievably low scores. But how do we know that? How many people have posted their scores here? 20? 30? 50? Is that a big enough sample to assume that the examiner was crazy? No, its not. Don't forget that we only know the marks of the failed candidates. Stop making assumptions just by looking at a few DMCs.

I would request you all to leave the trend and luck crap. Trend is nonsense and luck, though it does exist, exists in all fields of life. Just do your prep, believe in your strengths instead of other's and give your exam.