View Single Post
Old Friday, October 20, 2017

Saira khattak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by asadshabbir View Post
Greetings,

I am a LUMS grad, who has recently left all ongoing commitments to study for and prepare for CE-2018. I would like to pose two questions and would be delighted to welcome all feedback.

Question 1:
While there has been a fair amount of encouraging and discouraging response in real life, I would still like to obtain a response from a wider audience. Is it too late to begin preparation at this time. Roughly four months left.

I understand that this question is vague and it depends on the commitment and current base. I am above average when it comes to being informed on current affairs and generally have a thin base over all my optional subjects. I have never studied Islamiyat and would be focusing on that during my preparation.

I am not one to speculate and make assumptions and blindly follow scoring trends but I have adjusted for those aspects while choosing my subjects. I am a fresh graduate so I have not left my study habits and aim to dedicating every waking minute to preparing.

Question 2:

As someone who is attempting CSS for the first time, I went for subjects which I have not necessarily studied before in great details but subjects which I find interesting and are relatively scoring. They are:

International Relations (200)
Public Administration (100)
History of USA (100)
International Law (100)
Sociology (100)

I have no experience studying Sociology but feel fairly confident that it should be an interesting subject.

Thank you very much and I hope that other aspirants who are also starting their preparation now can use this thread to motivate themselves, knowing that they are not alone.

Cheers
I am facing the same problem as yours,which is shortage of time.I was pretty confident that I would cover the syllabus in four months but due to personal issues I don,t get enough time so I might skip it this time.what I have find out is that; if one gives it full time and dedication then four months are enough.you need to study smartly i.e going for important topics and I would recommend you to focus more on current affairs as it help in most of the papers.I see no problem with your subject selection except I don,t have an idea of public administration.Good luck.