View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 11, 2017
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008

trotsky59 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Afnan View Post
Brother you did not address what was asked.Modernity is an unending project is basically a rebuttal of the postmodernist philosophy.You were supposed to build your individual arguments accordingly.For example,one argument in favour of the proposition would be that mankind has been too used to fruits of modernity to return to pre-modern age.For example,noone today can even think of living without electricity,without modern means of transport,and without communication systems like internet and social media.Your essay is rich in words but poor in relevance.

Sir, I think you are preoccupied with a specific interpretation of concept of "Modernity" which you want to be adressed.Several writter have written on discourse of Modernity at lenght but defination vary from scholar to scholar.I dont find any specific defition of Modernity either it is Jorgen Habermass or Indian Scholar Partha Chatterjee.

Every topic of the essay contais some implied questions which are must be adressed. Here the questions are What is Modernity? How it is an undending project? Firstly i have interpreted Modernity as a process which is unending. Secondly i have tried to adress implicity and explicity that what are the main features of Modernity, i.e rationality, humanism, democracy, sceintific advancement etc..There are various patterns of arranging your arguments such, chronological, category wise, compare and contrast, cause-effect-remedy and few other. However my essay is chronological in pattern so i have chose to write it from past to present, from the birth of Modernity to current development. If you have any issue with my interpretation of Modernity than we can discuss it. you have every right to disagree.