View Single Post
Old Thursday, November 23, 2017

Farhan Kaif is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkanwal View Post
Punctuate the following text, where necessary. (5)
a quaker was one day walking on country road he was suddenly met by a highwayman pointing a pistol the man exclaimed your money or your life my friend said the quaker I cannot deliver my money for i should be helping thee in evildoing however exchange is lawful and i will give thee my purse for the pistol the robber agree on receiving the purse the quaker at once held the pistol at the robbers head and said now friend my purse back or the weapon may go off fire said the robber there is no powder in the pistol

Answer:
A Quaker was, one day, [no need of commas here] walking on a country road. He was suddenly met by a highwayman, pointing a pistol. The man exclaimed, "Your money or your life!" "My friend," said the Quaker, "I cannot deliver my money for I should be helping thee in evildoing; however; exchange is lawful, and I will give thee my purse for the pistol."[".] The robber agreed on receiving the purse. The Quaker at once held the pistol at the robber's head and said, "Now friend, my purse back or the weapon may go off!" "Fire," [simply go off fire] the robber said, "there is no powder in the pistol."
This has been checked/compared with the Solution key I do have.
iamkanwal (Friday, November 24, 2017)