Public Administration - CCE 2013
Wednesday 13 December 2017
Attempt Five questions including No-1 which is compulsory

01 - Write Notes on any three of the following:
a) Transformation vs Transactional Leadership
b) Ecology of Public Administration
c) Impersonality as a characteristic of Bureaucracy
d) New Public Management

02- Public sector organizations are different from business sector organizations. Please support your answer in view of the leading concepts, approaches, and values of public administration in a society. Illustrate with relevant practices of Public Administration.

03- Discuss the importance of decentralisation for effective governance, critically evaluate the role of local government in this regard. Support your view with relevant examples.

04- Administrative Accountability is essential for the effective performance of public officials and proper use of budgetary provisions. However, in underdeveloped countries like Pakistan administrative accountability is circumvented which results in inefficient public services. Identify causes of weak accountability in civil service and suggest measures to improve it.

05- Discuss and differentiate between the traits of a leader and a manager? Can public administrator be a leader; discuss your answer from the perspective of Weber's characterization of bureaucracy where a public administrator is strictly a rational-legal and rule following individual.

06- Elaborate the concept of good governance? What Structural changes need to be done in our Public administration system to play its role in overcoming the issues related to governance in Pakistan?

07- Some scholars argue that performance-based budgeting is the solution to many issues related to budgetary allocation. Discuss pros and cons of this system.
It is the toughest paper. This paper shattered my nerves and confidence today. I was perplexed that how to justify my answer. Every question need authentic arguments. Though questions look easier but answering these tricky questions is not an easy task.