View Single Post
Old Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Anum Zara is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabiya mughal View Post
Is this true that whoever go to academy for css preparation will pass it? I have heard so many times that you should go to academy for preparation if you want to pass and self study gets you nowhere in css.
No it is not true. In class of 45, only one or two clears css. It can be more or less. It is not necessary to go to academy. It is also true that most of the students who passed have went to academies but not all. I know many who have not attended but still passed with great marks. They merely guide you. It is recommended for beginners. Rest is up to you. You have to study on your own. Right guidance is needed. Rest self study is the key. It is combination of hard and smart study.
If you are a beginner, go for it. Otherwise take help from qualified senior if you can. They can guide you better. It also depend upon your choice of subjects and methodology of your study. Academies are good for few subjects. If you do not cram and study through understanding concepts academies can help you to certain extent. Still you need to prepare by self study. Moreover, English coaching and coaching of few subjects may be required other than academy.
I paid for full session but attended only for 2 months. I prepared English with help of English teacher who is CSP himself. For particular subjects, my friends went to teachers outside academy. If you are going to appear in 2019, you have ample time to prepare. Take one month session in academy. You can attend sessions until you feel that academy is not so beneficial anymore. Meanwhile, you can go to qualified English teacher. You can go to individual teachers for coaching of some subjects. I was happy about IR, US history and ES preparation from academy. IL teacher was not good. Psychology was not offered by academy. English was not good. Practice did helped a little but I felt that my other teacher was better for me. Teacher of CA was good in KIPS main campus. PA was also good if you combine books plus his analysis but you have to choose carefully from his analysis. Somethings you cannot quote in exams unless you want to commit suicide. Islamic studies teacher was too good. About general science ability, only medical portion was covered rest we had to cram. However, math and ability portion was taught in detail.
One has to analyze carefully the productivity of academy, teachers and even books.
They start session every month. If you want to attend. Go there as early as possible. Then you can give time for self study. After that, attend grand test session or you can only give mock examinations.
shah 786 (Wednesday, February 14, 2018)