View Single Post
Old Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Subhan Ahmad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammarrashid View Post
I think this time the merit list wouldn't be combined as the marks are quite skewed across the different disciplines. If they follow a combined merit list 85 percent scholarships would go to social sciences, that would be very absurd.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
I scored 80 in social science and in no way ready to accept that a topper of management sciences is preferred over me. That would be unfair to my efforts. There is no objective way to say that MS topper of 76 is more competitive than 80 of SS who is 12th in his province. Last time, 75 seats were taken by computer subject students, and some provinces had only students from computer background.

And how will IPC accommodate 8 subjects in provinces that have 5 seats? Also, suppose, if one province has 9 seats, this means 1 seat each for 7 subject and 2 seats for the 8th subject. Now which subject will get to have 2 seats and on what basis? You can either have quota on the basis of province or on the basis of subject. It cant be both. And provincial quota is mostly applied as the ministry deals with inter provincial coordination.