Thread: Islamiat paper
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Mubashar Khattak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anum Zara View Post
I know there is no restriction. I have taken guidance from someone who have experience of checking CSS Islamic Studies papers. He told me that they expect only English translations. He told me not to write Arabic verses. I know Arabic is difference as I have studied it for 3 years even Arabic writing style is significantly different from Urdu. I was told that I should attempt in English if I do not have enough preparation of Arabic Verses and Hadith. In Urdu paper, Arabic blends in and does not look odd. Moreover, one can also write poetry. He even told me to quote persian quotations and poetry related to the topic. If one can do that, he or she should go for Urdu. If one does not have at least 1 verse and Hadith prepared for each topic, he or she should attempt in English for scoring 60 plus. Examiner demands it. Without verses still one can score as high as 65 in this subject.
Yes, that's a balanced and quite reasonable take on this matter. I have attempted paper in English with verses in Arabic though I was confused that should I go for English or Urdu till the paper came into my hands. I felt that explaining all the questions will take so much time in Urdu as I have no practice of writing Urdu since intermediate though I also studied Arabic for three years during my LL.B Hons Shariah and Law, and in English, one can write precisely yet comprehensive. I also went for English because this is my first CSS attempt and I ran out of time in almost every paper till now and always been short of a question so basically I have attempted 3 questions in every paper and missing a whole question of 20 marks every time, is not a good sign for me. There is a girl sits one seat before me and she always complete her paper with one hour remaining and leave the hall. I wonder how can she manage to write that fast a lengthy paper in just two hours with only two pages leaving behind at max.