View Single Post
Old Saturday, February 24, 2018
46th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2017 - Merit 38

Muhammad Waqas Rafique is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhan Kaif View Post
I went for ambiguous topic, now thinking that I've misinterpreted the topic
Kindly evaluate my outlines
My outlines for topic 7 were like

- Introduction
- overview of corruption and terrorism
- corruption and terrorism in Pakistan
- Causes
A) corruption
B) Terrorism

- Effects
Corruption
B) Terrorism
- No Compromise in humans rights and civil liberties
A) Politically
B) Religiously
C) Economically
D) Socially
E) Administratively

( I was planning to provide ways to counter it but I was left with no time at last)

- conclusion

Did I opt it well or not?
My introduction was from the quote

"Power tends to corrupt absolute power corrupts absolutely"
Lord Acton

This is what I did today.
1. What are the Human Rights and Civil Liberties Enshrine in 1973 Constitution of Pakistan from articles( 8-28)?

1.1. Right of individuals to be dealt in accordance with the law

1.2. Right of fair trial

1.3. Right of Freedom of Movement

1.4. Right of Assembly

1.5. Right of inviolability of dignity of citizens

1.6. Freedom of speech

2. Why human rights and civil liberties should not be compromised in fight against terrorism and corruption?

Because:

2.1. These are protected under Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948)

2.2. These are protected under 1973 Constitution of Pakistan

3. How The war against terrorism and corruption is compromising human rights and civil liberties?

3.1. By violating right of individuals to be dealt in accordance with the law (Extrajudicial killings to eliminate hard core terrorists,)

3.2. By violating right to fair trial (Saudi Arab's drive against corruption where alleged were not brought before court, Military courts secret proceedings, abductions in war against terrorism)

3.3. By violating right of Freedom of Movement (blockades near important government installations on the pretext of security)

3.4. By violating right of inviolability of dignity of citizens (humiliation through media trials in corruption cases even offence is yet to prove before the court)

3.6. By violating freedom of speech (ban on loud speakers on the pretext of curbing hate speech)

4. Can human rights and civil liberties absolutely be maintained in fight against terrorism and corruption?

4.1. No, because extraordinary times require extraordinary measures, however, such violations can be reduced.

5. How to avoid compromising human rights and civil liberties in the fight against corruption and terrorism?

By:

5.1. Judicial activism to protect human rights under Article 184 (3) of 1973 Constitution of Pakistan

5.2. Strict vigilance by Human Rights Commission of Pakistan

5.3. Developing consensus in the society to not let down these human rights and civil liberties in any case

5.4. Vibrant civil society

5.5. Pro-active role of media in highlighting such violations

6. Conclusion:

I attempted this way
Farhan Kaif (Saturday, July 28, 2018), iamuetian (Monday, July 16, 2018)