View Single Post
Old Friday, April 20, 2018

shahhassanullah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewolf View Post
Salaam everyone,

I am a graduate of Computer Sciences from Comsats and I am applying for Masters in both software engineering and computer science at NUST. I have a query related to accreditation/recognition of my degree. In the Bachelors section there are four options under "Degree Recognized or Accredited by: "

1- PEC (If Engineering Degree)
2- PMDC (If Medical Degree)
3- HEC (if Management/Natural Sciences)
4- Not Recognized/Accredited

Since my degree is recognized by HEC in the options it is only pertaining to Management or Natural Sciences. Which option is to be selected during this process?
I think computer science discipline does not fall in 'Engineering Category'. Hence, the best option in this regard would be to click on "HEC (if Management/Natural Sciences)", however, I would advise to confirm it from your university administration and NUST PG admission section: in order to avoid any rejection.

If you visit accreditation section of PEC website [http://pec.org.pk/schedule_first.aspx], you will observe that discipline that starts with computer engineering and computer science with engineering are recognized as an engineering discipline; and are being considered for PEC registration.

As far as I am acquainted, Computer Science comes under the purview of 'Natural Science'.

Hope it help.