View Single Post
Old Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

The Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura about

@linchpin

Pakistan is not back to Democrary.the present day democracy is the same which prevailed under Musharaf regime,only difference is that now in President House there is a civil dictator while during Musharaf regime it was a military dictator.we have not witnessed any change at all,in place of Q league,there is PPP now.

2ndly the point of disscussion is ideology of Pakistan and its gaurdians.We all are pakistani becoz we r Muslims.this is reality,its true that in pakistan there are also communities other than Muslims,but we got Pakistan just becoz we are Muslims and it was impossible for Muslims of subcontinent to live under large Hindu majority,it became obvious when Congrees farmed ministries in 1937,that Muslim's rights are not secure under a large Hindu majority.Muslims and Hindus were never a nation although they lived together for almost 1000 years.Our great thinker and reformer Sir sayed ahmed khan realied this fact,and we can rightly call him as the father of two nation theory.and at that time we were lucky enough to have great thinkers like Allama Iqbal and leaders like Muhammad Ali Jinaah,whose foresightedness came to help.
If we go deeper into the history it becomes more obvious,Parition of Bengal was a landmark in the history of two nation theory.Urdu Hindi cotroversary was another event which compelled Muslims to think on different lines.we the Muslims could never had lived freely and could never had enjoyed our rights under Hindu majority.we were blessed at that time that leadership was there and in the end it make all the difference.
Gaurdians of any ideology,i am not talking about just ideology of pakistan,any ideology,ideology is always projected by the thinkers and philosphers,the philosphers sniff it first of all in a society,and these are the thinkers and philosphers who are responisible to safegaurd it,common ppl need to b made aware of the fact,this is the duty of itellectuals.if common ppl themselves don know about their history,their ideology,how could thet transfer it to new generation??

some days ago i was going through the revise syllabus of "pak studies" fo B.A of Sargodha university,and i was shocked to know that university has eliminated "freedom struggle period "from the syllabus and some new things are added just as foreign policy,its dimension,ingredients,pakistan's relations with others etc.ok its goog to have knowledge of all these things but what about freedom struggle?how would new generation know that who were the great men who fought for the great cause of Pakistan??
Frankenstein of css (Tuesday, February 10, 2009)