View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 20, 2018

darksher is on a distinguished road
Default Confusion pertaining Computer Literacy

To all those people posting queries about computer literacy in eligibility criteria for the post, I talked to FPSC representative on helpline earlier today to inquire about the same issue, mainly if we need to enter computer education certificate/diploma in the add education section while applying online, along with academic degree to process our application, failing which might get our application rejected. Thankfully I was told that its not mandatory to do right now, basic eligibility for the screening test will be decided on the basis of graduation with one of the subjects mentioned in the advert. However, the successful candidates in the screening test will be asked to produce a computer equivalency certificate duly attested by HEC before appearing in the interview.

Now my question to the seniors, who're serving in customs, is how are we going to get HEC to attest a certificate issued by a private academy that isn't a reputable institute? Unfortunately, I don't have any formal computer education and I'll have to find a way to produce a certificate if I qualify the test, and if that wasn't a challenge, what's an even bigger challenge is that I'll have to somehow get FPSC to acknowledge the damn thing.

What should I do? Any serving member who has went through the hassle, please guide me with your feedback. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darksher For This Useful Post:
humayonpervaiz (Thursday, June 21, 2018), Pulsar (Wednesday, June 20, 2018)