View Single Post
Old Friday, June 29, 2018

Javed Ahmed Abbasi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpedior View Post
I prefer to share here so others can also benefit from it.

Writing a well structure essay, addressing topic in concise and comprehensive manner is most important than anything else.

I kept 15-70-15 ratio for 03 parts of essay (means 15% intro. 70% body & 15% conclusion).

OUTLINE

INTRODUCTION
Opted Top Down approach in introduction (starting from BRI coming down to CPEC and Gwadar and its importance), with opening statement from Sir Walter Raleigh

"For whosoever commands the sea commands the trade; whosoever commands the trade of the world commands the riches of the world, and consequently the world itself.

BODY
I structured essay body based on PESTEL analysis (a macro-environmental framework) for best describing salient features and key figures related to CPEC and how it is a game-changer for both China and Pakistan in particular and for region in general. Short and simple sentences, and almost all paragraphs had key facts, figures and/or statements with references.

Then I wrote 3 key apprehensions regarding CPEC including Debt trap, no benefit for local people and industry and over reliance (after US) over china sighting example of Hambantota port of Srilanka and how can we avoid these problems in end sentence of each para respectively.

CONCLUSION
In conclusion, I summarized everything but without making any sweeping statement made it conditional that CPEC is not only a game changer but fate changer for whole region provided we do this this to grab the opportunity, else neither Suez canal has changed fate of Egypt nor Panama canal brought prosperity to Panama at their own.

DEFICIENCIES IN MY ESSAY
What I forgot to mention : CPEC rival NSTC (North-South Transport Corridor) and how to offset its impact by revitalizing ECO road and transport agreements.

I hope it will help you to analyze your own attempt in more meticulous manner.

Regards
Good attempt, no doubt.
My essay lacked some facts and figures. I emphasized only on expression,as I believed essay nothing but piece of expression. This punished me in the end.