View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 30, 2018

Ibn e Nasrullah is on a distinguished road
Default Chairman HEC concerned about CSS 2017 results

As the Chairman of the Higher Education Commission, I consider the CSS results announced yesterday to be a shocking indictment of my sphere of responsibility.Out of the 9,391 candidates who appeared for the exam, only 312 (i.e., 3.32 per cent) were declared to have qualified, and of these 261 willbe recommended for appointment to superior services. When I sat in the same exam (many decades ago), the number of candidates was about 2,000, of which about 400 qualified (and about 200 were recommended for appointment). This decline needs to be treated as a national crisis. I will set up ahigh level committee to pinpoint the specific weaknesses (which universities, which subjects, what skills, etc.), so that the HEC can help universities remedy some of the deficiencies immediately. More than that, however, it will require a sustained attention to enhancement of quality. Based on the report, we will submit detailed recommendationsto the government, including the strengthening of institutional, financial, and capacity building aspects. This is one of the most important challenge the HEC will address during my tenure.

SOURCE : https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.ph...0%2C6729858675