View Single Post
Old Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Theodosius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Live Pakistan View Post
If anybody could please help me in understanding the reason behind the sharp decline in the passing percentage of International Relations when we compare CE-2016 & CE-2017? Or can verify the figures for 2017?
I have the following stats which i gathered from different websites including FPSC (For 2016)
Students appeared in 2016 : 5866
Students failed in 2016 : 1116 (19%)
Where as,
Students appeared in 2017 : 6508
Students failed in 2017 : 4756 (73%)
Many do not believe in trends by FPSC ,but it is reality that FPSC sets the trends. I, myself, got 113 marks in CE-16 and then in 2017 I got 68 marks.
12 Marks in IR-I and 56 marks in IR-II.
Assuming 5 marks in MCQs(that a child of 5th grade can take because of probability) What marks they have given me in IR-I??? 7 Marks? That is really pathetic. I really can not understand their logic. I have also done MA IR(private), solely for the purpose of my second attempt, from University of Sargodha with 63%.
What I gather from their marking policies is thatthey surely cuts the marks by a certain limit

However, it happened with every one taking exams that year. So, we cannot say it is injustice. We should not focus on things we cannot control. We should try to work on our weak points.

Finally, if you are confused in opting IR. I would suggest you to wait till result and focus on other optional subjects. If the result, of IR, is same like that of last year then you should change it with some other subject like Political science.

Regards and Best of Luck!