View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Atticus Finch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaya sikandar View Post
What was the gross salary for the job? and when did you get the offer?
I will share exact terms and conditions that I was offered:

"1. You will be paid per diem of Rs. 4,300/- payable at the end of each month (with up to maximum of 22 days / month).
2. The duration of the contract is for one year or until the closure of the project (whichever is earlier)."

I tried to upload a cropped screenshot but am unable to do so. On average, one works 20 days in a month so gross pay would be something like

Rs.4,300 x 20 days = Rs. 86,000/- (not accounting for taxes + assuming no leaves)

Since this is a daily wages job, every leave that you avail would result in a loss of Rs. 4,300 per day. While the money is tempting, regular appointment via FPSC confers upon you the status of civil servant / government servant where you are entitled to job security, medical, leave, etc. None of that you get here and there is no chance of this project becoming regular hence all employees will simply be asked to leave once the project reaches conclusion / funding dries up.

The reason due to which it took so long to hire, as per reliable sources, was that some highly placed sahib (hint: he is facing court proceedings nowadays) handed a list to DG who didnt want to hire sifarshis so he simply froze recruitment. Now, there simply is no time left for these people because the project tenure is at an end. This will better suit someone who is a student and is looking for a high paying internship opportunity. I didn't want the poor guy to lose a permanent job without knowing the background, so shared this. Though, of course, if they offer him better terms than they offered me, then he may choose to make an informed decision. Hope this helps.