View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 03, 2018

dufersne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FahadMoeen View Post
I received the following message by someone, is this likely to be true?

Reforms proposed by Dr Ishrat (Institutional reforms advisor appointed by PM) about Civil services exam which are likely to be approved...Maximum age 26 for MPhil.30 for PHD aspirants.

Minimum qualification MPhil or a professional degree I.e MBBS, engineering, Law,economist,chartered Accountant,IT etc..BA,MA,MSC,BS in any subject will not be eligible.

5% quota for PhD.(also eligible to apply on open merit).
70-80% optional subjects would be science subjects.
There would be cluster system.. A candidate will join only that group for which he will be eligible based on his degree...in other words there wouldn't be random joining rather specific... Like only those candidates who have a degree in Law and criminology will join police service....same for other groups....In other words if you are a doctor or engineer and even you top CSS you won't get allocation in PSP, PAS,FSP etc...you will join the group compatible with your degree..

Punjab quota would be reduced to 45%...
These reforms are endorsed by Fpsc and likely to be approved by PM...Dr ishrat is very vocal about civil services reforms and he mean business which is evident through his reforms proposal so brace yourself...

Absurd to say the least. Illogical!

Please do not pay heed to such rumors. CSS 2019 is going to be announced in the same old pattern. From 2020 they might introduce few changes but these changes would not be as absurd as are mentioned in this post. The person who has spread this news is totally unaware of the proposed reforms by Dr Ishrat.

Yes, there is a proposal for reserving seats for lateral entry i.e. the people who are specialized in certain fields but that would not mean that the youth would be put at disadvantage. General eligibility would not change. Only they would require us to opt certain subjects for a specific group. In my opinion, this should have been the course of action in the past as well. Suppose you intend to join Audit and Accounts Group you should be familiar with the relevant subjects. Similarly, a foreign office officer should be well versed in I.L and I.R. But again without introducing cluster exam such reforms are not possible. I would happily accept a cluster exam. Those who join Pakistan Post or railway keep this group at there most less preferred choice. And have you seen the performance of both the departments?
I am, by no mean, saying that these people are less competent but they fail to perform well in an exam and ended up being signed up for something for which they have no or very least interest. Furthermore, the performance of DMG and PSP is equally bad despite having the ablest people in these services. The problem is a generalized exam for a specific service. A law graduate or a person having a master in the Public administration would be a better officer then a person who has studied geography or Punjabi as an optional subject during the preparation to score well in the exam and ended up being in the top slot.

Many of you may disagree with me but change is good and we need a change in our civil services. But at the same time please do not bother yourself with absurdities. I mean, if eligibility for being elected to the highest parliamentary forum is merely a graduation degree, how can one expect it to be a Mphil or Ph.D. degree for merely a public service job? Think about it and decide what to believe and what not to...
The Following User Says Thank You to dufersne For This Useful Post:
MoizAhmed786 (Friday, November 23, 2018)