View Single Post
Old Thursday, November 15, 2018

MMani is on a distinguished road
Smile Perfect Summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by highly uploaded View Post
Topic: "Feminism is not really a third world issue"
Asalamoalaikum,,,
In terms of my experience and study of Essay. The question in hand regarding going against a particular given topic, especially like the above one, is pointless.
Now, try to understand Essay. You are given a topic as a whole along with its stated theme or side of theme e.g like the side is given in the topic that is Feminism is not really a third world issue. Same way, when you choose a topic or you are given a topic then you are supposed to argue accordingly. In this topic you are supposed to argue that Feminism is not really a third world issue.
Simple is that. Essay is about exposition, argumentation, description, narration, relevance, organization, as has repeatedly been stated on the topic of every essay question paper. Leaving all those thing behind and worrying about going against the topic is lunacy. It might fetch passing marks but it can certainly end up in failed one essays, I think. I always used to say that If you want to judge your essay according to given topic, then try to give your essay to someone without topic, and tell him to give it a suitable topic to your essay. Now If you write an essay that mentions everywhere that Feminism is really a third world issue. Then how one can choose a topic of that essay that Feminism is not really a third world issue?
I was baffling after reading 4 pages of the eclectic comments. However, you summarized it quite gracefully.

In fact, I was forced to laugh as well.