View Single Post
Old Saturday, January 26, 2019

Dire Wolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishalam View Post
I think they do plan on removing the more technical groups or at the very least allowing lateral entry for more trained professionals (which would then actually be on degrees and/or professional background basis). I think that would be worse since it fosters a feeling of "us" and "them". People who go through the full CSS process shall resent those that can get jobs on a higher pay scale which just one exam. It would feel like they would be cutting in line to get ahead. And as for people not requiring a background in accounts to serve the accounts group well, a nurse can learn on the job as well but I'd rather have someone who was trained in it attending me for more efficiency sake if nothing else. In any case, the civil service does need a good overhaul including the induction process. I do respect your opinion and believe you have every right to have it. Change is always hard and at most times un-welcome, but until a final form is presented we have nothing to judge upon besides some recommendation papers and pure speculation.
Your example of nurse doesn't come in line with the argument as certain fields are different that is why we don't have doctors or engineers group. But I do agree with you that the final form hasn't been presented yet so we can wait till the picture gets clearer.