View Single Post
Old Tuesday, February 24, 2009
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - 13th in Sindh Urban

Frankenstein of css will become famous soon enough
Cool

Here again i am endowed to both of you guys. You have provided me some really valuable inputs.
However i like you to please romove the doubts casted about Aurangzaib for some other measures too.
His war against his father and his act of fatricide also does it relate to ottoman empire and also his relations with the superpower of that time The ottomans
He imposed tax on terirth Yatra also the manner Jizya was demanded from his hindu subjects Some details about the procedure in Fatawa alamgiri is given
His exhaustive campaign in south india . Also corruption was on rife in the last decade of his rule. Squandering away of his resources for trying to subdue all India.
He kept his heirs in confinement. His successor Bahadar shah prove to ba a meek fellow as many pointed out his solitary confinement for his mental ossification
Also it was his era when mansabdar became extreemly powerful and his neglect to established practices and codes lead to the unfortunate Hindustani-Turani struggle for power in the coming days. Syed brothers and all
Mir jamla and his campaign in asam and the way suleiman darasukhwa was opium-drugged to have a miserable death.
So there were weakness in his character which led to dissolution of his empire and saw seven most sanguinary wars of succesion in the coming decade of his death.
Yes History is very unfair and baised to the last most sagacious and great muslim ruler but we cant shut our eyes from the apparent mistakes he did.
Ahmar (Wednesday, February 25, 2009), The Star (Saturday, February 28, 2009)