View Single Post
Old Tuesday, March 26, 2019

MrZain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminshah101 View Post
Well, my psychological was on 21-22 December 2017

Day 1
Filling of performas and various tests involving Mathematics, IQ, Analytical Reasoning, Sentence Completion and Story Writing. The day spanned from 08:30 till 14 : 00

Day 2

It involved Group Discussion in Urdu (our topic was "Muslim mumaalik ke ehtejaaj ke Amreeka ke Jerusalem ke faislay pe koi asar nahi parray ga"

2 min Public Speaking in English: Mine was "Aggression & Violence are a norm of our cultural ethos." I spoke against the topic

Next was command task. Mine pertained to Customs valuation.

Lastly was the Psychological interview. It was largely related to my prior experiences and why I want to switch yet again after having an overall experience of 8.5 yrs, including Civil Service of 4 yrs.

The psychologists panel was comparatively easygoing compared to the one in 2012.
Asalamoalaikum,

First of all, thank you for sharing your experience. It helps me and other aspirants a lot in understanding the procedure when seniors like you share such experiences.

I've a question regarding the public speaking part. @mariam5555 said she was given a topic for "2-minutes speech" and in your reply you said it was a "public speaking in English"

I think, public speaking is a general term that is used for any sort of public speaking while speech is a type of public speaking that has a certain list of rules to be followed and a fake-speech-accent is adopted in delivering it.

This is kind of confusing. Kindly, elaborate a little on this.

Thank you,