Thread: Seeking Advice
View Single Post
Old Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Fazeel2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assasin View Post
Your subjects are highly relevent in viva and play an indirect role in your allocation .The panel might ask some questions regarding your subjects .For instance , if FSP is your first preference then the panel might ask about international issues in detail ..In that case ,if you have opted for IR / USA history /IL then you would be in a better position to answer the interview questions .But it does not mean that your subjects are the sole determinants of your allocation .There are many factors at play .So dont worry about allocation for now and select subjects which can land you in the interview room .

Afterwards , CSPs have Specialized training programs in which they are tought relevant subjects of their occupational groups .So dont worry about relevancy of subjects vis a vis occupational groups .

Yes , find a competent mentor and teacher for essay and compostion papers .The money you spent is your investment in yourself .IT will save you a lot of time and will steer you in the right direction .

If you are in KP , go for sir ateeq (the best teacher for essay and precis ).
Outside KP , there are many teachers ..Hamood Ranjha is one ..He is very competent .GET HIM.

Good luck
I appreciate your detailed response, good sir.

I just looked through results of optional papers from 2014-2017 and these are the %age for different subjects i thought i would be good at.

History of USA - 87%
International Law - 79%
Gender Studies - 75%
Journalism & Mass Communication - 73%
History of Pakistan and India - 72%
Public Administration - 63%
Criminology - 79%
International Relations - 63%
Computer Science - 62%

%age refers to a score of 33 or above in CSS-2014-2017.

Now due to subject selection limitation from each group, here is what i came up with.

History of USA
International Law
Gender Studies
Journalism & Mass Communication
History of Pakistan and India
Public Administration

Here are my thoughts on these.

General Knowledge will help in History of USA & History of Pak & India and vice versa.

International Law will provide material for Essay's - Fingers Crossed

Gender Studies, Journalism & Mass Communication & Public Administration has a very brief syllabus and are good scoring subjects so i guess i would do just fine.

I am going to consult few people around and see. Any suggestions from this forum is highly appreciated.