View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 08, 2019

Asuna is on a distinguished road

Hi Hafsa Tazeen,

I too have literature background. But I didn't opt for literature. Primary reason being I hadn't read some of the texts mentioned in the syllabus and I didn't have time to read them. Since I had studied Feminism, I thought I could easily understand Gender Studies. Sociology was another subject that I was more or less familiar with.

So my point is take those subjects in which you think you have the aptitude and interest that you can go beyond standard material preparation. That is using guide books and other academy prepared material. Not that they are bad, but in order to score well you need to have an outstanding material to present.

As you're a literature student, if you have read philosophy I would suggest that you should take a look at its syllabus. I hadn't done that and I wasn't quite sure if it was going to give me marks or not. But what I have understood is that you will score well in those subjects which you have previously studied. And that's because your understanding, your material will be much, much better than a subject you just picked up for CSS prep. Don't rush in your subject selection. Don't rely too much on scoring trend.