View Single Post
Old Friday, June 14, 2019

mefarhan is on a distinguished road

FPSC mentioned "Para-16(A)(ii)of General Instructions to the Candidates", which states:
"For BS 16-17 level posts, after the screening test, if deemed necessary to further differentiate the competitors, an additional filter against a certain benchmark may be applied in the shape of descriptive test comprising written paper(s) as may be prescribed by the commission on case to case basis."

Screenshot: Link

One thing is clear, this descriptive test is a "Filter" which is being conducted because of the allegations of paper being leaked and sold and published on the internet. So this probably won't happen in the next FIA test or in any test for that matter (if the paper doesn't get leaked again). Next time, MCQs test will be the king as usual

Realistically, arranging a 3 hour long css style English descriptive paper for more then 2,00,000+ people (for 4 different job postings) seems very difficult, if not impossible. I know FPSC arranges these type of test regularly for BPS 18/19 job postings but for those tests, the number of students is not even in hundreds.

Thousands of aspirants participate in css exam but keep in mind that the fee for css exam is way more then 300 that we paid for these posts, and a 3 hour test should cost way more then an hour long one, right? I don't know how they gonna afford to arrange schools, staff when we haven't paid any fee? Maybe they'll ask for some fee?

Let's see what happens. I hope that the descriptive test isn't too hard to prepare. I barely had time to prepare for GK, current affairs when I have a full-time day job, I don't want to learn again how to write essays, precis etc... Maybe I will, but its better if I don't have to.

Your thoughts?