View Single Post
Old Monday, March 02, 2009
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - 13th in Sindh Urban

Frankenstein of css will become famous soon enough

First of all the thread was for the CSPs not for the famous DMGs and commoners.
I take this forum for kina nostalgia to remember the era of Laat sahab , who once ruled the subcontinent.
Another csp is Roedad khan .
And another is Akhtar hameed khan
He worked as a lecturer at Meerut College before joining the Indian Civil Service (ICS) in 1936. As part of the ICS training, he was sent to read literature and history at Magdalene College, Cambridge, England. During the stay, he developed a close friendship with Choudhary Rahmat Ali
Khan married Hameedah Begum (the eldest daughter of Allama Mashriqi) in 1940.
During his ICS career, Khan worked as collector of revenue, a position that brought him into regular contact with living conditions in rural areas of East Bengal The Bengal famine of 1943 and subsequent inadequate handling of the situation by the colonial rulers led him to resign from the Indian Civil Service in 1945. He wrote, "I realised that if I did not escape while I was young and vigorous, I will forever remain in the trap, and terminate as a bureaucratic big wig. During this period, he was influenced by the philosophy of Nietzsche and Mashriqi, and joined the Khaksar Movement.
His particular contribution was the establishment of a comprehensive project for rural development, the Comilla Model (1959). It earned him the Ramon Magsaysay Award from the Philippines and an honorary Doctorate of Law from Michigan State University.
In the 1980s he started a bottom up community development initiative of Orangi Pilot Project, based in the outskirts of Karachi, which became a model of participatory development initiatives. He also directed many programmes, from microcredit to self-finance and from housing provision to family planning, for rural communities and urban slums. It earned him international recognition and high honours in Pakistan. Khan was fluent in at least seven languages and dialects. Apart from many scholarly books and articles, he also published a collection of poems and travelogues in Urdu.

Before 1973 CSP were trained in the CSA , where they were taught by retired oxford and cambride laurates.
They were given we feeling. Entrenched in classical , brithish aristrocratic traditions they receive further training on scholarships at harward, oxford and cambrige.
After 1973 there is no such thing as elite training of future masters of pakistan. Compare current CSA to its predecessor british CSA , which was an institution which training and educational standard had no precedent in the history of subcontinent.
India has howwver mantained the aura of its IAAS. Their chief election commissioner is a IAAS officer and they still has their quota in higher judiciary.

Samuel Martin Burke from FSP
CSPs had also a quota in foreign service too.
I dont about india About IAAS I think they also have this previlige DMG in the beginning also can go into foreign servics
Son of abu-al-khair kashfi (THE URDU Lughat SAGA), Abu akif kashfi, i heard did the same

Last edited by Princess Royal; Monday, March 02, 2009 at 04:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenstein of css For This Useful Post:
DEVOLUTION GEEK (Tuesday, July 28, 2009)