View Single Post
Old Monday, July 01, 2019
***CAPTAIN HOPE***
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:

Muhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the roughMuhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the roughMuhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumaiyaAltaf View Post
I have been preparing for CSS for like 6 months now; I've almost prepared for 400 marks, Islamiat, PA, and IR. But the problem is despite preparing proper notes and studying over 6 books, I still can't attempt the past papers.
I try to brainstorm and gather points in my head yet I can't even initiate the answer, although i know almost all the rules for attempting it. It's really debasing and demotivating to go on like this knowing that i can't exercise the most important part of the preparation and this would lead to nowhere.

I think I have a problem presenting my argument the way it sounds in my head or idk
Kindly guide me regarding it. Any help would do!

TIA
Don't panic , every student feels like this . It's better to solve these papers with the help of net or books . Focus on specific areas . For example if there is a question on Ottoman Empire in Islamic history then after seeing past papers one can realize that 'Administration under Ottoman empire' is one of the areas from which examiner asks question . So , what you have to do now to cover all topics in a better way is to gather information and then to make notes(bullet notes will be a good option here) about the specific study areas related to every topic .

At the end ,hopefully you will be able to attempt at least 4 out of 7 questions (if difficulty level of paper is 9 out of 10 , otherwise , maybe 6 questions is what you can get) . And remember there is always same thing asked in exams but the wordings of the questions are somewhat different . So , for this thing one must read the question carefully to know that which thing i.e from which specific area question is !! Then , all you have to do is mold your answer to keep up with the requirements of the question .

Step 1 = Read the topic from any source , be it fpsc recommended book or any general book or net etc .

Step 2 = Go through past papers to know about the Study areas (you can get help from Repeated question thread in sticky thread portion of every section in this forum . With it , Red Max has identified study areas related to some subjects like Islamiat , Islamic history etc , the threads are in the sticky area section of every optional or compulsory subject. But , its better to go through all past papers yourself to get a good idea).

Step 3 = After analyzing past papers , gather information and make notes regarding Study areas.

I think every aspirant know these things now a days , but it was just a reminder that if you prepare this way then it will be quite easy for you to tackle past paper questions.

And , if you are having problems regarding his thing that your mind is slow and you are not able to get your thoughts on paper ,then practice is what you have to do now . Start practicing maybe one question a week . At the end , you will get confidence and day by day your writing skills will improve . Introduction , History , Main Body , current scenarios , critical analysis i.e your own comments on the topic ,conclusion (these are the required parts that you have to give in your answer , rest depends on you that how you take it from here , some people give quotes in introduction and in main body and some make diagrams in main body etc).
Regards.