View Single Post
Old Monday, July 22, 2019

Saira khattak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzabb View Post
To be honest, I can't say much about how will they change around things in the next 4 years. I was assuring the candidates appearing in 2020 not to worry.
I don't think that they will make medical and engineering ineligible because think about it, how many good social sciences universities do we have in this country? I have a degree in P ad, and I can't find a good masters degree in this country, plus all the social sciences degrees in this country are based on rote learning. I want to do a degree that allows me to specialize, but the P AD or MPP degrees in Pakistan are basic, and most of them focus on 50yold issues. Even css papers of these subjects are pathetic. Most of the PhDs in these areas mock their questions.
Furthermore, you should see what your life goal is and plan accordingly. The p ad degree did help me in having the knowledge for CSS, but I had to put in a lot of effort as in universities we are not required to study on CSS levels. Doing a specific degree will help you, but you have to keep yourself on track and develop a critical mind yourself. Do a lot of readings on your own. Also pick a degree like P ad that can land you in corporate sector as well as NGOs if CSS doesn't work out.
My current degree is of my own choice and I love my field that's English literature. I have got some big goals and css would be a leap forward in that direction. It's not an end for me but a mean to an end. And yes there are not many choices for women, like NGO is not considered suitable for us. So we have to work in those limited areas which are open for us.
You are right in developing critical mind through reading.
anzabb (Monday, July 22, 2019)