View Single Post
Old Monday, July 22, 2019

anzabb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saira khattak View Post
My current degree is of my own choice and I love my field that's English literature. I have got some big goals and css would be a leap forward in that direction. It's not an end for me but a mean to an end. And yes there are not many choices for women, like NGO is not considered suitable for us. So we have to work in those limited areas which are open for us.
You are right in developing critical mind through reading.
Who says that you can't do big things with English literature and also note that there are alot of NGOs and they have really good environment for women. Furthermore, CSS is not the end of the world. Do what you love and be flexible in your approach to life. There are many things that you can do with your degree, while staying at home. You can make a blog, or write a book. Just study what you love. They wont change the CSS rules because it will be unpopular and governments have to be reelected. Plus, Pakistan has terrible education system, so I don't think that they will stop anyone from entering CSS. Finally, just because you are a woman , doesn't mean that certain fields are not suitable for you. Sometimes when you fail to find a role model then you have to become a role model. Maybe you can join a less women friendly field and be an agent of change for that. Believe in yourself!
The Following User Says Thank You to anzabb For This Useful Post:
Saira khattak (Monday, July 22, 2019)