View Single Post
Old Saturday, July 27, 2019

United Pakistan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishalam View Post
Hello!

Here are a few resources that I hope you find useful. I shall be talking with respect to the CSS economics paper but this is a general guide as well.

To start off if you have very little economics background before this, I would insist that one builds up some basic concepts by watching a Youtube channel called Crash course. They have a wonderful playlist dedicated to economics which covers most everything you need to know.

The CSS Economics papers can be divided into two halves; theoretical and applicable to Pakistan. In the first portion all theoretical aspects of the subject including all laws, graphs, equations and concepts need to be on your fingertips. In the second half you take everything you've learned theoretically and apply it to Pakistan and more generally to the world economic problems-both contemporary and historical.

The Crash Course videos cover a good deal of the first half. For a more in depth study into the same part I would recommend books written by Professer M. Saeed Nasir especially those recommended for Bachelors students as its basic enough for a newbie but thorough enough to get you good marks. For the second half a book titled Macro economics & Economic development in Pakistan by Prof. M. Saeed Nasir is fairly thorough.

Another excellent advice would be to constantly read up articles in leading newspapers on modern economic issues related to Pakistan and the world at large. This is also helpful for essay preparation as one or two related topics are usually given as well.

Feel free to ask any questions if you want. I'd be happy to help.
I'm planning to study from book of S. Akbar Zaidi and economics by mcconnell and brue are these books sufficient for preparation?

P.S I'll be also watching YouTube videos and business portion of news paper everyday