View Single Post
Old Sunday, September 22, 2019

Obaidd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer Hammad View Post
Hy
This is my first post on this forum. I am an aspirant as i have completed Bs Engineering i want to give this examination. I have started preparation but found it a bit difficult and time consuming to comprehend the concepts.
I want to know whether reading through the book to comprehend followed by making notes is better or one should first make notes then read the notes?
Suggestion are needed

Sent from my vivo 1820_19 using Tapatalk
I agree with Khezar. It’s a good strategy to first develop an overall idea of a topic and then delve into its detail. However, what ever strategy you devise depends upon how much time you have. Are you planning to take the exam in 2020?

Another thing I would recommend is to put your notes into practice. By that I mean to take tests. See if you actually use your notes during practice tests. If not, then such notes are useless.

For instance, you are preparing notes for Islamic Studies and noting down surah and ayat number for each reference. However, during tests you mix up the ayat numbers and end up writing down only ‘Al-Quran’ with your references. This means that this additional detail in your notes did not help in actual exam conditions rendering it ‘useless’. You should only add as much detail in your notes as you can use in your exams. Anything else is superfluous. I hope I have made myself clear here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Obaidd For This Useful Post:
Acidius (Monday, September 23, 2019), Khezar (Sunday, September 22, 2019), Peer Hammad (Monday, September 23, 2019)