View Single Post
Old Monday, October 07, 2019

dufersne is on a distinguished road

Apart from slow promotion, I must say that PMS is equally good service as PAS at the moment in Punjab; both cadres are posted at key positions in Punjab`s bureaucracy. However, it is true that in the past, a PMS officer had to serve for a long period as Section Officer to get posted as AC. But fortunately, in past 3 years, things have drastically changed for PMS cadre. For example, most of the PMS officers from 2015 are serving as ACs in Punjab. Same is the case with PMS 2016 who are also serving at key field positions in Punjab.

But it is quite true that PAS rapid promotion makes it the most elite service as compared to PMS. A PAS officer often gets posting as DC in around 8,10 years. On the other hand, PMS officers from year 2002-2003 were only recently promoted to Grade 18 and are only serving as ADCs under junior PAS officers.

In the current scenario, PMS is definitely better than many CSS groups such as OMG, IG, PG, Railway, CTG for sure in my humble opinion. But again this is subjective as already mentioned by Mr. Fawad. Promotion in all css groups is quite rapid so if getting promotion to grade 21 or 22 is what you are looking for than even OMG is better than PMS. But if you really want to enjoy the elite service than I reckon that PMS is even better than IRS, PAAS and all the other groups I mentioned.

Feel free to ask anything else.